Thursday 17 May 2012

Be a Finisher

Completing the triathlon in Portman was a great feeling after lots of training and some serious worries about the sea. The week previous it was 14º and very choppy. Luckily the temperature came up and the sea calmed.
I also adding a charity run a week before to get some training. Great fun here are the results. 

I hired a neoprene swimming suit from ciclomania and was amazed just how much you can float. I swam the 1000m in 21 minutes however I have some training to do to improve as I was almost last.

Taking part they say is the important part and to be honest it's true there is always some one faster than you. But it's nice to get a good result. It was great to finish as it was a hot day and all the 216 athletes suffered from sun burn.  I finished 184th my best result yet.  But I really was happy to cross the line and have no major problems.

I mentioned the Ironman Josefe Asram doing the The RedBull seven island challenge in the previous blog. He started the same day as us but the following day suffered heat stroke and was sent to hospital. luckily he is ok, but it is a reminder that finishing is not always possible. 

There are a two more races coming up and I hope to do the same enjoy the event, finish and get the T-shirt.


  Next race Duatlón 26th May I hope it's not too hot !
June 10th  Santa Pola Triathlon-Cross - With the mountain bike ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment